Thursday, May 20, 2010

Flower Buckle

Goodness.... I think that I have fallen off the planet! I am sorry that I haven't posted in a week! Besides having some family issues, my camera has decided to go into early retirement. Lately, coaching pictures out of it has been a chore! I am thrilled that I (think that I) finally found a way to make my pictures stand out a bit more! We shall see.

This is a fun buckle (or whatever you use it for) that is quick and easy! I love it!


Start off by cutting 8 different petal shapes. On the straight end, curl it around to make a "S" shape.
Glue or stitch it in place and repeat that with all of the petals.
Glue the petals together on a piece of felt in the shape of an "X."
With the remaining petals, arrange them in the open spaces of the"X."
Finish all the way around.
Cut a small circle of fabric and clue it over the opening to hide the stitches.
Finish off by gluing a center in. I used a sunflower button. Love it! My daughter will be ready for summer with this fun number.
The possibilities are endless.

No comments: